Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Story Part 2: My Dad, the Duck, and the Goose

There are people in our lives that create a boundless humor with their priceless actions. The situations that they get into and the steps taken to escape it. In my life, the person that upheld these qualities was my father.
The crowd cheered with screams of spectators and the beating of the thunder sticks. Hawaii down by five points had fought back to take the lead with kills and outstanding blocks. The game finished at the half as Hawaii pulled away two games to one.
The stands began to filter out to use the bathroom and get more food into their gurgling stomachs. My grandfather was a smart man and decided to use the restroom before the mile long line formed outside. Unfortunately, my father was not as smart, for he was only seven , and he needed to go to empty out the tank. He told my grandfather and sprinted down the long flight of stairs of the Stan Sheriff Center. When he reached his destination he jolted into the first open stall without even shutting the door. Luckily my grandfather caught up with him and shut the door behind him. With all the excitement of trying to catch up to my dad, my grandpa had to use the bathroom as well.
My dad finished and my grandfather had begun tocomplete his business when my dad crawled underneath the stall door. He yelled from outside " I remember where our seats are!", and vanished. My grandfather yelled" Get back here!" but the only responses were the deep flushing of the toilets, running water of the sinks, and ripping of those rough, brown towels.
My dad continued on his journey as he saw the ice cream stands, trays of nachos, volleyball souveneirs, and a lot of people wearing green. Within a few minutes, the hairs on the back of his neck straightened and he began to feel the sensation of becoming lost. Sweat arrived on his forehead and it trickled down until it hit the stone floor. He closed his eyes and thought to himself that he wasn't lost anymore.
When he opened his eyes he was sorrounded by giant green trees full of voice, laughter, and movement. There was also stands piling ontop of shelves. The shelves flowed with candies of all sorts and kinds that could fill you with happiness.
As he continued to walk through the hustle and bustle of those noisy trees, he came to a giant cave. he had a sense that this cave would would take him back home. My dad was shaking with fear and closed his eyes to visualize a happy place. His body began to change into an animal full of courage, a tiger.
He prowled with caution through the dark, moist cave nd saw a bright light at the end. The light shone forth blinding him and he turned back into his old self. He looked around and saw a huge arena soorounded by crazed indians screaming, yelling, and waving sticks that made thunder. In the center there was giants hitting a boulder over a large net of vines.
My father wished that he could have powers to return home and he began to glow as he turned into a wizard with a gold wand. He swooshed his wand and everything began to become swirly and dizzy until it went dark.
When he opened his eyes he was back into reality. My dad was standing right in front of his seat section so he galloped into the doorway. As he was rushing past the attentive spectators he tapped their heads with his wand and they turned into ducks and geese. Finally he reached his parents and gave them a gigantic hug so te people turned back into humans and he was finally back into true reality.
When the game ended, he walked outside and to his amazement there was a duck waddling by, and as it made it's way past my father it gave a wink.

No comments: